11/02/2015

Arran


my hands ache to touch
these stones that span the ocean -
a happier birthday
























One of those mile-stone birthdays.
My present was a trip to Arran, off the coast of Scotland.
The stone is actually the same as that of the Appalachians,
connected below the Atlantic and at one time above it.
I find it unbelievably exciting that that two continents were so linked.

At present I live on memories, trying to make sense of what I am going through.
This climb stands out in my mind. These views are part of my make-up.







7 comments:

  1. Such beautiful words and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, what a wonderful present! And climbing to mountains - the best healing ever! belated Happy birthday! Thank for sharing haiku and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful picture shared here. Hope you had a wonderful treat. happy belated birthday my creative fellow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely wonderful photographs. Beautiful. You touched me, very much. I haven't been there. Now will. Am Scottish so my words are real. Thank you very much, and I repeat, think you are doing exactly the right thing writing haiku.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hamish.
      Finland must be exceedingly beautiful if you prefer it to Scotland.

      Delete
  5. Joanna
    I have been where you have been (trudging an unseen foe). Please take courage. You are in my prayers. May strength and health be yours
    Hugs
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete